Adaptive Reuse of a Mid-Century Office Building
Located in the heart of downtown Dallas, Texas, this building was constructed in 1959 and had been vacant for more than a decade.
This 16-story, 167,000 SF historic building was transformed into 206 efficiency, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments. Fifty apartments are to be occupied by formerly homeless persons. Levels basement through 3 house retail and office spaces for lease. Levels 4 through 14 house apartments and supportive spaces. Levels 15 and 16 are comprised of six, high-end, two-level condominiums.
Public areas were restored to their original quality and character, while the building infrastructure was completely modernized.
This project achieved historic designation in order to receive a 20% development tax credit.
Services:Architecture, Building Information Modeling
Preservation Dallas Achievement Award for Rehabilitation of a Commercial Structure
National Association of Local Housing Finance Agencies’ Award for Redevelopment Excellence